Monday, April 27, 2009

Rx Framework: Asynchronous Programming Made Easy

A few weeks ago, to little fanfare Erik Meijer gave a presentation on the Rx Framework at the Lang.NET symposium.  You probably missed it.  Don't worry though.  It's no big deal.  It's only the culmination of one the most significant discoveries about the fundamental nature of asynchronous programming.  Oh yeah, and it's coming soon to the .NET Framework.

The Rx Framework uses Linq to build asynchronous code declaratively.  One of the perks of working at Microsoft is that I've been using it for months now.  Now that it has finally been talked about publicly I fully intend to start blogging about it but I'm waiting for the folks responsible, notably Wes Dyer, to take the plunge .  In the meantime here's a link to the presentation.  Watch it here while it's still on-line.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't tease me with the suggestion that Wes Dyer is going to resume blogging.

Jafar Husain said...

Wes has assured me personally that he intends to resume soon. I too have been patiently awaiting his return to the blogosphere :-).

Judah Gabriel Himango said...

Wonderful, I've really missed Wes's highly technical and FP posts.

Thanks for the heads up on Rx! Watching the video now.

Affordable Luxurious Wedding Dress Blog said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dolphin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gymnasium Equipment & Supplies Dealers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Construction Services, Houses For Sale said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

About Me

My photo
I'm a software developer who started programming at age 16 and never saw any reason to stop. I'm working on the Presentation Platform Controls team at Microsoft. My primary interests are functional programming, and Rich Internet Applications.